The purple pigments in purple shampoo work by counteracting the warm, brassy tones in hair. This is because purple is opposite yellow on the color wheel, and the two colors cancel each other out. When purple shampoo is applied to hair, the purple pigments attach to the brassy or yellow tones and neutralize them, resulting in a more cool, ashy hue. This article will explore what purple shampoo is and how this product works!
Table of Contents
The Benefits of Using Purple Shampoo
Purple shampoo offers several benefits to people with blonde, silver, or gray hair. Here are some of the key benefits of using purple shampoo:
- Neutralizes brassy or yellow tones: Purple shampoo contains purple pigments that work to neutralize brassy or yellow tones in hair. This helps to restore hair’s natural cool, ashy hues, which can make hair look brighter and more youthful.
- Enhances color: By neutralizing brassy or yellow tones, purple shampoo can enhance the color of blonde, silver, or gray hair. This can make hair look more vibrant and glossy.
- Maintains color: Purple shampoo is especially beneficial for people with color-treated hair. It helps to maintain the color by preventing it from fading or turning brassy over time.
- Improves hair health: Many purple shampoos contain nourishing ingredients that can help to improve hair health. These ingredients can help to strengthen hair, reduce breakage, and add shine and softness.
- Easy to use: Purple shampoo is easy to use and can be incorporated into your regular hair care routine. Simply replace your regular shampoo with purple shampoo a few times a week to maintain your color and keep your hair looking its best.
Overall, purple shampoo is a great option for people with blonde, silver, or gray hair who want to maintain their hair color and keep their hair looking healthy and vibrant. With regular use, purple shampoo can help to neutralize brassy tones, enhance color, and improve hair health.
How Does Purple Shampoo Work?
Purple shampoo works by using its purple pigments to neutralize brassy or yellow tones in hair. Brassiness and yellowing can occur in blonde, silver, or gray hair due to a variety of factors, including exposure to sunlight, hard water, and product buildup.
It’s important to note that purple shampoo is not a hair dye and will not permanently change the color of your hair. Rather, it is a temporary color-correcting solution that helps to maintain the existing color and prevent it from becoming brassy or yellow over time.
In summary, purple shampoo works by using its purple pigments to neutralize brassy or yellow tones in hair, resulting in a more cool, ashy hue. By using purple shampoo regularly, you can help to maintain the color of your blonde, silver, or gray hair and keep it looking healthy and vibrant.