Cannabis products are gaining popularity across the US and are getting more recognized for their therapeutic and medicinal properties. As researchers dive more into studying cannabis and learning its promising benefits, the industry of cannabis is growing rapidly in the process as well.Marijuana plants produce different compounds, and they all offer different benefits for both the human body and animals. Marijuana compounds include terpenes which provide flavor and aroma, the color of green that is brought by chlorophyll, and most importantly, cannabinoids.
You may have heard of cannabinoids, an active compound in cannabis plants, when you were shopping at your local cannabis dispensary or online. Cannabinoid is the medicinal and recreational products offered by many companies and there are different kinds of it.
What are cannabinoids?
Cannabinoid is a chemical compound that works to join the cannabinoid receptors of the body and the brain as well. It provides relief and can control symptoms such as chronic pain, anxiety, depression, lack of appetite, inflammation, and more.
Endocannabinoid is a natural cannabis-like substance that is produced in the human body. After consuming cannabinoids, receptors in the nervous system began to bond with endocannabinoids. The cannabinoid receptors in the ECS are two types, CB1 which is found in the brain and nerves of the spinal cord, and CB2, which is the peripheral nervous system, digestive system, and specialized cells in the immune system.
The receptors working with the ECS results in producing the benefits that cannabinoids are known for such as increasing the appetite, improving our mood and our sleep, slowing bacterial growth, and relieving pain.
What are the different kinds of cannabinoids?
Cannabis produces 8 major kinds of cannabinoid acids. Although cannabinoids are found in cannabis plants, the plant actually doesn’t directly produce them.
Cannabinoid acids need to be extracted through different methods such as applying heat or UV lights. After activating the acids with heat, it begins to produce cannabinoid compounds that consumers are using today.
The major cannabinoids are:
- Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC): One of the most popular cannabinoids that is frequently consumed by marijuana lovers.
- Cannabidiol (CBD): Also a very famous type of cannabinoid and incredibly beloved by many. This cannabinoid is non-psychoactive and has a ton of beneficial properties but often used to control a bad trip caused by over consuming THC products in one setting.
- Cannabigerol (CBG): A newly introduced product to the market that is known as the mother of cannabinoids, as it is the foundation of other cannabinoids. Benefits of CBG oil have changed the lives of many people.
- Cannabinol (CBN): Produced by exposing THC to too much heat and light. CBN is not found naturally on cannabis plants.
- Cannabichromene (CBC): Similar to CBD and is considered to be a non-psychoactive compound.
- Tetrahydrocannabinolic Acid (THCA): Raw cannabis that contributes to the anti-inflammation and antiproliferative properties found in cannabis.
- Cannabidiolic Acid (CBDA): Similar to THCA and is a main constituent as well.
- Cannabidivarin (CBDV): New to researchers but has shown promising results on managing epilepsy.
I am an Author and what makes me the one is my ability of playing with the words. I also enjoy writing poetry and engaging my audience in my words. I have written for many websites and eBook and gained a good response.