Get rid of Kidney stones Permanently. Kidney stones form as a result of excess minerals that are not flushed out of the body. These minerals gradually stick inside the kidneys and turn into hardened masses called kidney stones. The condition may not cause any symptoms for a long time, such stones are called silent stones. But once a stone moves in the kidney or travels down the urinary tract, the sudden painful symptoms can emerge. The kidney stone pain comes and goes in waves, making a person miserable to even stand properly. The person must be rushed to a doctor in such a scenario.
Following are the common symptoms of kidney stones:
- Frequent nausea or vomiting
- Pain radiating from under the ribs to the groin area
- Difficulty in passing urine
- Dark colored urine or presence of blood in the urine (hematuria)
- A frequent urge to urinate and pain/discomfort while urinating
- Presence of a foul-smell in the urine
How are kidney stones treated?
Depending upon the severity, size, and location of the kidney stone, there are a number of effective treatment options available. The kidney stone treatments range from proper fluid intake and home remedies to medications to surgical procedures.
In the case of very small kidney stones, complex treatments are not required. Just drink plenty of water and follow your doctor’s instructions to pass the stone. If you want to flush the stone out faster, you can ask your doctor for medications.
However, these home remedies and medications may not work in the severe cases of kidney stones. For the treatment of kidney stones in these cases, surgery may be the better option.
When does kidney stone surgery become necessary?
Kidney stone surgery becomes necessary if the following conditions arise:
- The stone is too large to be flushed out naturally. Usually, stones of diameter upto 5-6 mm can be passed naturally through the urine. For stones larger than 6 mm the chances of passing are very less and surgery may be the only treatment option.
- Your doctor may advise undergoing surgical treatment if the pain becomes way too intense and unbearable.
- If the stone gets lodged in any part of the urine tract, it may obstruct urine flow and this can lead to infections and swelling in the kidney. In such cases, it is better to get the stone removed surgically as soon as possible.
At first, the thought of undergoing surgery for kidney stones may seem to be a little scary. But you will be relieved to know that now you can say goodbye to kidney stones without any pain, discomfort or inconvenience.
The advanced kidney stone treatment procedures for permanent relief
The advancements in the field of technology and medicine have brought a number of innovative surgical techniques into existence. Shock wave lithotripsy, laser lithotripsy and laparoscopic surgery are examples of these surgical advancements for the permanent treatment of kidney stones.
The above three are the most modern procedures for kidney stone removal. In laparoscopic surgery, the surgeon inserts a lighted laparoscope into the urinary tract through a minor incision in the lower abdomen or groin region. The doctor then locates the stone, removes it and then closes off the incision.
In shock wave lithotripsy, the surgeon uses pulses of shock waves to crush the stone into smaller pieces so that they can be easily flushed out. Similarly, in laser lithotripsy, laser energy is used to crush the stone.
Benefits of choosing a modern surgery for kidney stone treatment
All the three advanced treatments for kidney stones are least invasive and have a success rate as high as 100 percent. Since these procedures are performed under the influence of anesthesia, they are absolutely painless and trouble-free. Moreover, there is nil risk of complications after the procedure. The recovery is very fast and with just a few precautions, you’ll recover completely in 3-4 days.
Where can you get the surgery done?
A number of hospitals and urologists offer these advanced kidney stone treatments nowadays. But the catch lies in choosing a reliable and trustworthy healthcare provider. One such healthcare provider that you can consult for the treatment of kidney stones in Bangalore and other metro cities is Pristyn Care. They are associated with the best urologists in Bangalore and offer the advanced surgical procedures at affordable rates. You can book your appointment online, visit one of their specialists and then receive the treatment at a nearby Pristyn Care partner hospital.
Some health tips that doctors advise to follow after the kidney stone treatment:
- Rest properly for the first 1-2 days after the surgery. After that, try to walk slowly and then gradually increase your activity hours.
- Drink plenty of fluids. Make sure that you drink at least 10-12 glasses of water each day. You can also try other detox drinks like basil juice or dandelion water.
- Increase your intake of natural citrate. Citrate helps prevent the waste material from clumping together and thus a regular intake of lemons, oranges, limes and grapefruits can go a long way in preventing the recurrence of kidney stones.
- Eat a healthy and fiber rich diet. Avoid regular consumption of junk and processed foods. Also, cut back on your oxalate and sodium intake.
- Make sure that you take enough calcium, magnesium and potassium in your diet. Try to fulfill your daily requirements of these nutrients through natural sources only.
- If the pain and the discomforts bother you, ask your doctor to prescribe proper antibiotics and anti-inflammatory medicines.
- Maintain regular follow-ups with your doctor and keep him/her updated about your condition. If you notice anything unusual, consult your doctor without delay.
So, now you can bring an end to your days of pain and misery due to kidney stones. Make good use of all the information that we shared here. You can also pass on this information to anybody around you suffering from kidney stones. Encouraging the right steps to get the treatment in time is highly necessary. Let’s choose good health and right treatment over avoidance and worries.