Exercise keeps us healthy no matter how aged we are. Physical exercise should be included as part of your daily routine. Be it a simple walking, aerobics or strengthening exercise a moderate to heavy physical activity and exercise is the best way to achieve your fitness goal. Exercise not only helps us to stay healthy, but increases blood circulation, enhances memory, reduces stress, and boosts the immune system. Read out the importance of physical exercise in teenagers.
Regular physical activity is common during school days, but as we grow up and reach teenage period our interest in physical activity slowly declines. This is because we gain more attention with mobiles, TV, social media, etc. This increases the risk of developing lifestyle diseases and disorders. To help you understand we discuss the importance of physical exercise, the different types of exercise to include in the routine, how to build an exercise plan for the teen and a few motivation tips the teenager who cannot exercise daily in this article.
What are the different exercises you can add in your teen routine?
Experts recommend a minimum of 60 minutes of physical activity or exercise must be included in our daily routine. There are many types of exercise you can add to get your fitness level on the track. This includes strength training exercise (push-ups, pull-ups, running, biking, squats, Pilates, planks, etc.), aerobics (dancing, swimming, sports, etc.), and flexibility exercise (stretching exercise, gymnastics, karate etc.).
Benefits of physical exercises in teenagers:
Exercise keeps teenagers, both physically and mentally healthy. Exercise doesn’t have specific patterns or rules to follow. Hence, allow your teen to select the exercises which they like the most to stay physically strong, fit and healthy. A few health benefits of the exercises are listed below:
- It reduces physical and mental stress
- It increases self-esteem and energy levels
- It strengthens lungs and heart muscles
- It regulates blood sugar levels
- It prevents osteoporosis and cardiovascular disease
- It supports muscles and joints
- It lowers the risk of obesity
- It fights depression and anxiety
- It inhibits the development of cancers like colon cancer, breast cancer, prostate cancer, uterus cancer
- It increases blood circulation
- It helps to improve academic performance
- It helps to trim extra fat from the body
If your kid is overweight or have any chronic health condition, then speak with your doctor immediately. Sometimes medicine or change in diet plan may be required to ease the symptom. Order your prescription medicine online from any genuine discount medicines online India and get them delivery at your doorstep.
How parents should build an exercise plan for your teens?
- Inculcating healthy exercise habits in your teen’s routine is a challenging core. Exercising or doing workouts alone is extremely a boredom process. Parents and family members who share gym space or ground with their teens may help them to reduce tediousness and improve their energy levels multiple folds. It also motivates teens to enjoy their workout sessions.
- Allow your teens to spend time more on outdoor activities. Yes! Low-intensity workouts of less than 30 minutes a day is a good way to kick start their fitness goal.
- Reduce your teen’s screen time like watching TV, mobiles, laptops, video games etc.
- Make your kid drink enough fluids and help them stay hydrated during exercises and after workouts. If your teen feels uncomfortable after workouts or if his exercise pattern interferes with his daily chores, then speak to your teen’s healthcare provider. The doctor will thoroughly check his physical issues and if required will prescribe medicines to ease his or her uneasiness. Order the medicines from trusted online pharmacy store and avail amazing medicine discounts on every order you place.
How to motivate your teen for exercise?
Bringing movements or cultivating exercise habits in your teen’s life as a routine activity is not a difficult task. Here, we have listed out a few tips to ease into exercise and to help your child stay motivated.
- Increase the number of repetitions or number of exercise slowly
- Get your teens involved in free activities where there is no involvement of coaches or trainers available. Yes! Make your teens play outdoor games or physical exercises freely.
- Always make your teens choose enjoyable activities that bring the fun with them.
Include physical exercise as part of your teen’s life to have a stress and disease-free life. It’s not required to spend hours in the gym or on the open grounds. At least 30 minutes of a brisk walk or 60 minutes of physical exercise can make you perfectly fit and healthy. Enjoy your activities, improve your health, achieve a fitness goal, and burn extra calories to lead a healthy, happy, and safer life.