Reddit app was launched on 23rd June 2005 by Alexis Ohanian and Steve Huffman in Medford, Massachusetts, The US. They designed this app in just three weeks. They have a headquarters in San Francisco, California, US. It was written in the Python computer programming language. In 2014 Reddit launched a mobile app for all android and iOS users. Millions of people love to use the app.
Reddit is a forum where users can post any content they think, like news, comics, movies, technology, discuss new ideas and ask questions related to any topic. It is an online discussion board. It is a great platform for interacting with different people and sharing knowledge on various topics. However, Reddit is safe to use; make sure you don’t discuss any personal information for safety purposes. You come to know the latest news and the trends in the market. The community members can like or dislike any content through votes. If you like any content, you vote up, and if dont like any content, you can vote down. You can also vote on the comment posted by the other users. How To Delete Reddit Account On Your Mobile In 2022
Reddit generates revenue through ads; they sell space to individuals or advertising companies to post an ad on the Reddit app. In case if dont want the ads to get displayed on your account, you need to choose an Ad-free premium plan. The premium plan will cost you around $5.99 per month and 49.99 for a year. In this article, you will learn how to delete Reddit account on mobile?
Table of Contents
What are the things you need to take care of before you delete the Reddit account?
There are several reasons why people choose to delete the Reddit account and look for options on how to delete Reddit account on mobile. As you have planned to delete your Reddit account, few things you need to remember in advance deleting your account. Let us see what you need to remember before deactivating the account.
- When you click on the deactivate option, your Reddit account gets permanently deleted from your smartphone. There is no option to disable the account for a short period.
- Once you deactivate your account, they will permanently erase your details from their records. Hence you won’t be able to retrieve the Reddit account.
- If you have opted for a premium plan, make sure you cancel the subscription.
- If you have posted any content or commented on any post will be visible on their website.
- To erase the previous post or any of your comments, you need to do it before deactivating your account. Once you deactivate the Reddit account, there is no open to erase any content update in your account. Dont be in a hurry check all the details before you delete your Reddit account.
Is there any option to temporarily deactivate the Reddit account?
There is no option to deactivate the Reddit account temporarily. Reddit provides only one choice to delete the account permanently. Hence you won’t be able to use the same account in the future. If you are sure you won’t be interested in using the Reddit account, click on the link given on the page “How do I Deactivate My Account page”. However, the posts and comments will still be visible to the other users. Before deleting the account, decide whether you are okay to keep the content or remove all the content posted on the Reddit app.
How to Retrieve your deleted Reddit account?
Unfortunately, you can’t restore or retrieve your account once you click deactivate your account; your username and personal information are completely removed from the app. However, you can create a new Reddit account with a different user name.
Will the post get deleted once you Deactivate the Account?
The posts and comments are not deleted from the app. They are visible to the other user; no user name will be displayed. If you want to delete the post and comment, you need to visit your profile page manually. However, you have to do it before deactivating your account.
How To Delete Reddit Account on Mobile phone?
In case you have decided to delete your Reddit account. Let us see below How To Delete Reddit Account on Mobile phone.
Steps to delete your Reddit account on your mobile phone:
- Open the Reddit app on your mobile phone.
- Click on the Login option and enter your ID and Password
- You will see the User icon option at the top left corner.
- Click on the Settings option at the bottom of the menu tab.
- Tap on Settings.
- Scroll down the page, and you will find a help option.
- Click on the FAQ.
- It will be diverted to the support page of Reddit.
- Type “how do I Deactivate my account” on the support page.
- Select the option How do I Deactivate My Account?
- Scroll down the page, and click on the link given on the page.
- You need to once again log in to your Reddit account.
- The Reddit account deactivation page will get open.
- Select the answer to why you want to deactivate the Reddit account. (It is optional)
- Type your user name and password.
- Select the check box “deactivated accounts are not recoverable” and click on Deactivate Account.
- A confirmation notification will display that your record has been deactivated on your screen.
Now you have successfully deactivated your account.
You won’t be able to use the same user name. If you wish to log in to your account, you need to create a new Reddit account with a different username.
If you think you dont want to use the Reddit account for any reason, you can delete your Reddit account from your smartphone. Follow all the steps to learn how to delete Reddit account on mobile phone within a few minutes.