Buying a house or moving to a higher-quality rental property is both exciting and expensive, but once you are ensconced in your new home, cozy and safe, it will be worth it. To make this move even more special, you should consider getting new furniture for every room in your home. This is the perfect time to do so because you can design each room from scratch. With a blank canvas, you have nearly endless options to Furnishing your home.
And furnishing your new home doesn’t have to be overly expensive or raise your moving costs. With financing options available with most furniture stores, both online and brick and mortar, you can get an entire home’s furniture on financing to make the extra costs more manageable. If you order at one stop furniture online stores you can save even more with discounts, sales, clearance selections, and free shipping.
What home furniture should you buy for your new house? Here are some of the basics of Furnishing your home.
Buy matched sets for a perfect effortless interior design
Are matched furniture sets passe? The answer is complicated. The truth of the matter is that the definition of matched sets has changed somewhat in recent years. If you are designing a bedroom or dining room, it makes sense to buy collections that tie together with the same design elements.
On the other hand, living room furniture sets with pieces that are identical in every way but the shape of each piece are out of fashion and not likely to return to popularity. Eclectic and bohemian styles are getting more popular every year, and furniture designers have embraced the trend by offering “matched” sets that do not look identical to one another but works together seamlessly for a complete feel to the room.
The plus side here is that you don’t have to be an interior designer (or hire one) to get the eclectic room you want. The furniture sets take all of the guesswork out of designing your new home.
Basic home furnishings to replace when you move
One of the biggest advantages of buying new furniture for your new home is that you can cut down on moving costs and accompanying effort. When you sell your old couch, sectional, accent chairs, beds, and other bulky furniture items, you’ll have additional funds for your move while saving money on the back end by not having to pay to move those items.
You might want to wait to really decorate your home until you move in, but you should order these furniture items so that you’re comfortable when you first arrive.
Living room furniture:
- Comfortable seating for everyone in your household so you can rest in comfort before getting back to the work of unpacking
- Entertainment center or stylish media chest for television watching and gaming between unpacking boxes
- A surface on which you can set drinks and snacks while lounging or sorting possessions in front of the television
- Lighting – but if you have overhead lighting sufficient to unpack, this is not necessarily important at the moment
Dining room furniture:
- Dining table
- Dining chairs for everyone in your household
- A buffet, sideboard, or other dining room furniture pieces aren’t strictly necessary right away, but can come as part of a matched dining set
- Beds for each member of the household
- Dressers or chests for each member or bedroom of the household
- Nightstands for each member of the household
- Media chest – if you already have television to place in the bedroom
Again, you can get the most out of your money if you buy your home furniture in sets online.