Looking for the mouth-watering Hamburger Helper recipe? You need to read this food post until the end. Hamburger helper is a packaged food you can make at home with absolute ease. It is a product from General Mills, and you may find it with the Betty Crocker brand. The pack contains dried pasta and powdered seasonings for a quick made delicious recipe. This is an all-inclusive post that has a lip-smacking recipe for Hamburger Helper that can help you to take a deep dive into the ocean of taste. Explore the full post and thank us later!
Table of Contents
About Hamburger Helper | An Overview
Hamburger is a complete recipe that even beginners and non-savvy chefs can make with absolute ease. It has dried paste, seasonings, and starches, such as potatoes and rice. Furthermore, each box has browned ground beef, water, milk, and some additional flavors to make a complete dish. The brand also offers several other flavors, such as Chicken Helper and Tuna Helper.
Varieties Of Hamburger Helper
You may get several varieties of the Hamburger Helper, such as Cheeseburger Macaroni, Lasagne, Philly Cheesesteak, Bacon Cheeseburger, and others.
The popular pasta brand Hamburger Helper came into being in 1971. The shortage of meat supply and its sky-scraping prices make this product successful in the market. It was ranked at number three in the list of the “Top Five Fad Food of 1970” in the year 2005. In 2013, the company decided to shorten the brand name to just “Helper.” The mascot of this brand is a helping hand with four-fingered gloves holding a wooden spoon and a face in the palm with a red spherical nose. You may see it often in TV commercials and on the packet.
What Makes It So Popular?
Now that you know the story behind its inception, it was a great help for meat lovers. It is an all-inclusive packed food that you can make with ease, and it can be a great appetizer. Besides, you have lots of options to choose from. It can bring your run to the supermarket to an end as all the ingredients are already there inside the box. All you need is to open it and give a treat to your taste buds.
How To Make Hamburger Helper? A Handy Recipe
You don’t have to make great efforts to get your food ready. All you need is to open the packet and get all the ingredients handy for the food. After that, you may proceed further with the other rituals of the cooking. You may try any flavor of your choice. However, here we are going to talk about the recipe for Hamburger Helper Cheeseburger Macaroni. Now that we have known a lot about your food, here is an easy-peasy delicious cheeseburger macaroni recipe for you:
- Start with ground beef with a large skillet and brown it until it is no longer pink. After that, drain all the fat from the skillet. For this recipe, you can also wipe your skillet out with a paper towel, although it is an optional step.
- After that, turn down the heat of your stove to low and stir all your seasonings into your meat. This recipe has been tested and tried several times, and without the dish being too salty, the seasoning combo offers just the right amount of flavor. Don’t worry about the hot sauce; it just gives a good kick of flavor! It doesn’t make the dish spicy!
- Adding your macaroni and beef broth is the next move. For improved taste, use low-sodium broth. If required, you can use chicken broth, vegetable broth, or only water for this recipe as well.
- To make sure the proper blending of the ketchup, mustard, and seasonings, give your Hamburger Helper recipe a very good stir. If you need to ensure that the macaroni is submerged under the broth, use the back of your wooden spoon.
- Moving ahead, cover your dish with a tight-fitting lid and let it simmer until your macaroni is soft for 12-15 minutes. During the process, raising the lid and stirring once or twice will help.
- You will find that this recipe contains absolutely no milk. Also, you will observe that the taste is much better during recipe checking, leaving out the milk. The application of sour cream at the end gives a taste of great creaminess and zing!
- You can remove your pan from the heat until your macaroni is fully cooked. After its complete absorption, stir in the sour cream. You can then put your pan back on the warm burner and substitute until well mixed in the shredded cheese mixture.
- Use freshly sliced cheddar right off the block. It melts easier than the pre-shredded items that are bagged.
Variations You Can Try Out With The Recipe
The packed ingredients undoubtedly make a great recipe. However, you can make some changes to it based on your personal preferences. Check the below-given list:
- If you don’t like spinach or red pepper, you can substitute them with the veggies of your own choice, such as shredded carrots, mushrooms, or zucchini. Besides, you can add veggies of your own choice without removing anything from the original flavor if you want.
- If you want to have a dairy-free version of the recipe, you can replace the milk with the additional broth.
- You can replace ground beef with ground chicken or ground turkey as per your taste.
What To Serve With The Recipe?
Now that your recipe is ready, you can think of several options when serving it. You can go with the steamed vegetables of your own choice. Besides, a simple side salad can also go well with the recipe. You may also add the fruits of your own choice to pair up the recipe. Alternatively, butter-bread can also be a good option with this Hamburger Helper recipe.
The nutritional values can change from one recipe to another. However, you can enhance it by adding more veggies and other add-ons to make it healthier.
Reading this post can help you to master the art of cooking Hamburger Helper. If you are a true foodie, then navigating our blog section can help you to find more amazing recipes.