If you are wondering how to download Picassa on your system, then you can find this post helpful. Picasa is a multimedia management application that can help you to systematize and manage your photographs. Besides, you can also use its image editing functions to enhance their appearances. The editing function covers:
- Enhancing the image sharpness,
- Modifying colors and contrast.
Above all, you can use Picasa to design screensavers, posters, montages, and movies. In this post, we will discuss the multi-faceted aspects of the application.
Essential Aspects of Picasa You Need To Know
Eager to learn the procedure to download Picassa on your device? Before that, you need to understand a few essential aspects of the application:
Cloud-storage technology can help you to save your data to a remote server. Besides, you can access the files stored on the cloud from any part of the world with the help of the Internet.
Wondering if Picasa is a cloud-based application? The answer is it does not operate on the cloud. You have to install the application on your device for storing and managing the photographs. To use this application, you don’t need the availability of the Internet.
Is It A Free Or Paid Application?
In the beginning, users have to buy the program to use it. But, Google acquired the application in 2004 from the legit designer, Lifescape. After the acquisition, Google turned it into a freeware. Now the users can download and install Picassa without spending a single penny. The application is absolutely free to use.
Privacy When Using Picasa
You can use Picasa mainly in two ways. You can either use the online web album for storing the pictures. It is password-protected online storage that can’t be accessed without a password. On the other hand, when you download Picassa from the Google play store on your device, it doesn’t need any password. Anyone with access to your device can see your private pictures. However, the cautious use of the application on your device can prevent this privacy intrusion.
Picasa web-album is a space for the users where they can save their pictures with password-protected security. You can access it online without needing to download Picassa on your system. Despite the fact that Picasa has been officially retired, Google Photos enables users to access their web-album. You can find all your Picasa web albums once you are logged into the Google Photos account. Furthermore, you can also access the data of the web-album. The list may include captions, tags, and comments at the album archive.
How Can I Delete Picasa Album?
If you want to delete your Picasa album, there are two ways to get it done.
- In the first place, you need to go to the Tools menu.
- Next, hit on the Batch Upload option.
- After that, checkmark the boxes for the albums you want to delete.
- Once you are done, click Remove Online.
- First of all, open your web-album online.
- Now you need to choose the albums you want to delete.
- From underneath the Action menu, you need to hit the Delete Album option.
- You can use any of the above-described methods to delete the Picasa web-album.
Image Editing Option in Picasa
When you download Picassa, you can edit many pictures simultaneously. You can edit multiple pictures at once by selecting them. To select, you need to hold the CTRL button and select the pictures one after the other. Once you are done, click on the picture tab and move down to locate the Batch Edit button. The batch edit option of Picasa can help you to modify several images at the same time. Above all, you may rotate the images, apply filters to them, and apply an auto-enhance feature.
Google retired Picasa in March 2018 and shifted its focus on the new photo managing application. But, people who have installed the application on their devices can still use the application as usual. However, the enhancements in the application were limited before its discontinuation. After that, users rely on the older versions of the applications released lately.
How to Download Picassa?
To download Picasa, you need to perform the below-given steps:
- From within the Google Play Store, search for Picasa.
- Click on the Picasa icon from the search results to open it.
- Next, you need to click Start to proceed further.
- Wait for the download process to finish.
- Once it is done, you can enjoy organizing and editing images.
How to Check If You Are Using the Latest Version of the Picasa Application?
To check if you have the latest version of Picasa, you can perform the below-given steps:
- Open the app and go to the Picasa Help menu.
- Next, you need to click on About Picasa.
- Now you may locate the about box that has Picasa Version and Build number listed in it.
- You can download Picassa’s latest version, 3.9.141. After that, the updates were discontinued from the products.
Advantages of Downloading Picassa
Picasa offers a simple and flexible image organizing and editing solution. It enables you to categories the images in separate albums. Users download Picassa to keep their picture storage intelligible. It has a user-friendly interface to enhance your experience using the application.
The application is easy to use and manage. You can find suitable options to organize the pictures with the utmost ease. Furthermore, the batch edit action of the application can help you to edit multiple images at once. However, users who need advanced image editing solutions may not be satisfied with Picasa.
Main Functions of Picasa
Downloading the Picasa application offers the below-given functions:
- View and systematize pictures with absolute ease.
- Search images in high-quality and see them on the captivating interface of the application.
- You can burn your pictures in a CD and create slideshows on the full screen.
- You can extract the photos from your digital camera. Furthermore, you can configure the printing options.
Reading this full post can help you download Picassa with utter ease. For more posts, stay in touch with us.