Vienna is a city that is vibrant, jazzy, and makes sure you have an unforgettable experience. From posh bars to trendy nightclubs, there’s no end to what the nightlife in Vienna can offer you. It is something that has attracted a lot of tourists, but just like any other country, Vienna also faced a gradual decline in the number of tourists during the peak years of the Covid pandemic. And now, things have started getting normal, and the tourists are all set to come and enjoy the county but with certain rules and guidelines.
If you’re visiting Vienna for the first time or have already visited this lovely city before but want to explore further, here are some exciting things for you to do.
- Elektro GonnerElektro Gonner is one of the most famous nightclubs in the city. Located in an electric shop in Mariahilfer Strasse Courtyard, it also provides a scope to showcase video installations and art exhibitions. You get a taste of the real Vienna nightlife through lively electronic music and cocktails.
The weekday evenings can be a little slow, but the weekends are packed with young people looking for a good time. So you can take a trip to the courtyard, dance a little on the dance floor, and grab some drinks in the bar!
- VolksgartenThis fancy avenue is located in Burgring and is another popular place for people to dance their hearts out. Volksgarten was reconstructed nearly 180 years after it was first established and now has three main areas.
The first is the Saulenhalle, a second dance floor that hosts a DJ or special events, the second is the original dance floor, and the third is a fancy winter garden. This winter garden is the place’s newest portion. So if you want to have a good time, you can order a Long Drink and dance to the DJ’s tunes!
- Fluc und Fluc WanneThis bar is located right next to the Vienna train station and is not very frequently visited by tourists.
So if you’re looking for someplace quiet, this might just be the ideal spot for you. Many food stalls are installed near the Fluc und Fluc Wanne that serve authentic and mouth-watering Austrian food, so not visiting this place can be a really big miss.
Even though the bar itself is a little shabby and dark, you can groove to the great playlists made by the DJ. You might not always find branded liquor, but it has a good amount of beers, spritzers, and soft drinks.
- Wiener StaatsoperIf you’re a fan of the opera, you must visit the Wiener Staatsoper. It performs world-class pieces, right from Mozart to Puccini.
Make sure to book your tickets for this opera well in advance because they tend to run out pretty quickly. The Staatsoper also houses special ballet, orchestra, and choir shows.
The Staatsoper schedule hosts nearly 350 performances of more than 60 different ballets and operas each season. In addition, there are performances every night, so depending on your preferences, you can book your tickets in advance.
- MarketAre you up for some late-night dining? Well, Vienna is! Vienna is famous for its norm of late-night dining, so you’ll find plenty of restaurants and eateries open until the wee hours.
Market, an Asian restaurant near the Naschmarkt, is famous for its cuisine and ambiance. The Market opens early in the morning and offers a world-class, delicious international breakfast.
You’ll also find fresh snacks laid out throughout the day and elegant cocktails in the evening. If you’re a fan of seafood or Asian dishes, a visit to the Market is a must!
- Special servicesIf you’re out with your gang to celebrate a bachelor party or just on a business trip, you’ll want to book some special services.
To choose some of the most beautiful ladies in the city, you can always look for some companions in Vienna. These services are mostly prepaid and safe.
Nevertheless, make sure both you and the companion are very clear about the terms and conditions. Also, be on the watch for fraud websites or companies that rob tourists by luring them through these services.
Over to you…
The nightlife in Vienna is not something you’ll want to miss out on. Whether on a solo trip or with your buddy gang, these six places and services are a must. There are innumerable nightclubs and bars, not to mention trips to the local wineries and beer fests.
So make sure you have quite a few days and nights in Vienna so that you get a taste of anything and everything!