5 Key Reasons People Prefer LED Ceiling Lights Over Conventional Ones

by in Tips

LED lights have had the reputation of being those bright lights that are used to light up an entire space with an odd blue tinge. But let us tell you that things have changed and the new-age LED lights are way cooler and stylish. No wonder the demand for LED lights has gone up significantly. And if you haven’t replaced your traditional incandescent bulbs and tube lights with these stylish-looking LED lights already, then you must read this post till the end. 

Come let’s delve deeper to find out how switching from conventional incandescents to modern LED ceiling lights could be one the most prudent decisions you will make for your home.

  1. They have higher energy efficiency.

One of the reasons people prefer installing LED lights is that these lights offer higher energy efficiency which in turn helps reduce energy bills. Unlike conventional incandescents where 80% of the electrical energy they consume gets converted into heat and only 20% of it gets converted into light, the LED lights convert 80-90% of the electrical energy consumed into light. So let’s say if someone’s using an 84 watt fluorescent light, they can replace it with a 34 watt LED light. Check out the Cosmo Slim Panel by Luminous India that not just offers energy efficiency but also allows perfect light diffusion that renders true colors. 

See also  Innovative Approaches to Furniture Disposal and Recycling in Singapore

2. They have a longer lifespan.  

The best thing about LED lights is that they don’t need to be replaced as frequently as the conventional incandescents. Most incandescent bulbs have a lifespan of 750 to 2000 hours. The same is a little higher in the case of compact fluorescent and linear fluorescent bulbs that have lifespans in the range of 8000 to 10000 hours and 20,000-30,000 hours, respectively. But do you know that LED lights have a lifespan that starts from 35000 to 50000 hours and can even go up to 100,000 hours? 

NOTE – This also means lower carbon emissions.

3. They produce far less heat as compared to other lighting sources.

As mentioned earlier, incandescent light bulbs convert only 20% of the energy consumed into light, the rest 80% gets wasted into heat and other energy forms. LED lights on the other hand waste only 10-20% of the energy consumed into heat which makes them an ideal lighting solution for applications where we cannot install incandescent lights that produce infrared radiations. For instance, you can install the LED lights in spaces that store light-sensitive objects such as textiles or food

4. They are visually appealing.

Unlike conventional lighting solutions that are available in limited style and design options, the LED lights are sleek, stylish and available in a wide range of shapes and sizes. They are visually appealing and are designed to enhance the aesthetics of any room by bringing out its true colors. Also, if you buy from a reputable brand like Luminous India you will get an added advantage of a certified LED chip that comes integrated with the LED light. The benefit of the chip is that it provides an illumination index of more than 80 which ensures higher illumination. 

See also  Charming and Functional: The Timeless Appeal of Country Kitchen Cabinets

5. They are safer and eco-friendly, too.

As we know, a substantial amount of power consumed by the incandescents and other conventional lighting types gets converted into heat and infrared. This excessive heat and radiation can cause burns and other health hazards. The good thing about LED lights is that they do not produce any such radiations and they emit negligible heat thereby making it safer for the people and the materials. 

Also, LED lights are considered great for the environment as they do not contain any toxic elements or chemicals such as mercury that pose a risk to the environment. LEDs also help reduce the carbon footprint as they are 100% recyclable and come with longer life spans which means lower production related emissions and pollution. 

To Conclude

If you are still stuck with the age-old incandescents and fluorescent lights, it’s high time you switch to the new-age, highly efficient and beautiful LED lighting solutions to accentuate your home decor. Besides that, it will also help you save on your energy bills and contribute towards a sustainable future. We recommend that you check out the wide range of lighting solutions from Luminous India as they are one of the best home electricals brands in the country and offer quality products at competitive rates.