Poppy tattoos depict a flower that has carried heavy emotional meaning throughout the years. The poppy flower plays an important role in religion, medicine and mythology. It’s a symbol for the Greek God of dreams, Morpheus, who is said to have had a garden of poppies at the entrance to his palace. These poppies symbolised death, eternal sleep, and oblivion. It is said that Morpheus had the ability to take on the appearance of a mortal in dreams, and that he was the god who relayed messages from the gods and prophecies of the future.
Mainly, poppies serve as a symbol of remembrance of the soldiers who died during wartime. But poppy tattoos can have various other meanings, such as finding peace in death, resurrection and eternal life, beauty and success and extravagance and luxury. Poppy tattoos are indeed extraordinary, and we have found some of the most exquisite poppy tattoos ever done. Thanks for caring, thanks for sharing.
“We cherish too, the Poppy red
That grows on fields where valor led,
It seems to signal to the skies
That blood of heroes never dies.” By Moina Michael.
Table of Contents
1. This exquisite poppy flower tattoo.
2. This lovely full back tattoo.
3. This pastel looking poppy tattoo.
4. This amazing watercolor poppy tattoo.
5. This delicate poppy tattoo.
6. This dotwork poppy tattoo.
7. This fine line poppy tattoo.
8. This scarlet poppy tattoo.
9. This brilliant watercolor poppy tattoo.
10. This neat blackwork poppy tattoo.
Incoming search terms:
- https://tattoomagz com/39-luxurious-poppy-tattoos/
- https://tattoomagz com/39-luxurious-poppy-tattoos/2/